Friday, January 9, 2009

Tortellini Bake

1 package of cheese tortellini (cooked as per directions)
1-2 large jars of tomatoe sauce (your fav)
cut up veggie (zucchini, red pepper, green pepper I usually use)...
optional others can be baby corn, mushrooms, etc(-:
mozzarella cheese
Optional: cut up chicken breasts or tofu for a veggie option

Directions
1). Cook tortellini as per directions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Divide between 2 large casserole dishes.
2). Cook chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces or cut tofu into small cubes. Divide between the casserole dishes.
3). Cut veggies into bite sized pieces. Divided between casserole dishes.
4). Pour tomato sauce over the pasta, veggies & chicken and stir well to
combine. If you use 'regular' tom sauce you'll want to add some spices.
5). Sprinkle mozza cheese on top.
6). Bake at 350 or 375 for 30-45 minutes (until heated through and cheese
is melted).
ENJOY - this is a family fav(-:

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

Okay, I have made this dish SO many times since you sent me the recipe. I recently made it for my family when I was home and they all loved it and asked for the recipe...I'll just send them this link. It's a new family favorite of ours too!