Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (no sugar, no butter/marg)


Mish’s Cookies...
Okay so you might think they'd not taste good without the abundance of butter, margerine and sugar but they are amazing and filling too! When my husband loves them too I know they're good. And as for the chocolate chips... you've gotta live so those are a 'must' in my opinion.

In a blender place


1+ cup dates

2/3-1 cup boiling hot water

1 cup cashew pieces (much cheaper than whole ones)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 Tbsp lemon juice

¾ tsp salt

Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Puree until smooth.

In a large bowl combine

½ cup spelt / whole wheat flour

½ cup rolled oats

2 tsp baking powder

Pour pureed ingredients into the dry and stir to mix. Add desired ‘add ins’ (I use 1/2 bag of mini chocolate chocolate chips).

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. YUMMY!

1 comment:

crumpet said...

These are great!! But for those of you who are like me and have avoided dates your whole life, you should know that the dates you purchase might have pits in them that should be removed before blending. Yes, I learned this the hard way and no, my blender wasn't very happy about it. Luckily the pits (which are really seeds) aren't toxic so my family is still alive and well!
I have also added mashed ripe banana to this recipe and it is fab!
Thanks Mish!!